O.K. I was tagged by Tiffani to do this at least a week and a half ago (I haven't forgotten!), but seeing as how I'm finally not living out of boxes and I actually have internet, here you go...
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8 Random facts about me:
1. I am DEATHLY afraid of sharks. No, not just a little scared...I'm talking full out "selacaphobia", which is a clinical fear of large sea creatues. I can't look at a picture of one in a magazine without having a panic attack, much less watch a documentary on Shark Week or see a real live shark. Cartoon sketches are okay as long as they're "cute" sharks and not scary ones. I've stooped so low as to walking through an aquarium with my eyes closed and holding my mommy's hand when I was in high school. I've also passed out in the shower while listening to the water and imaginig a shark while I was washing shampoo out of my hair. Yeah, it's ridiculous. Did I mention that my husband scuba dives for a living?!?
2. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Seriously, I graduated college over 5 years ago and couldn't tell you what on earth I "do" for a living. We've moved so much over the past few years that I've always just plugged in and found something to do wherever we were. I am a free lance pianist/piano teacher who wants to open up a gift store all while being a real estate agent and staying home with my kids once we have them. Hmmm...I'm a little confused.
3. I am a "Ross-Stalker". Actually, I'm a Ross/Marshalls/TJMaxx/Tuesday Morning Stalker. I love bargain shopping, and I have been known to watch an item over the course of a few months to see when it goes on clearance. This may require hiding the item somewhere else in the store so that no one else gets it before me, and then going back repeatedly until either A.) I can afford it, or B.) it goes on clearance. I'm pretty much obsessed with it, and I attribute it all to my mother-in-law and my Aunt Julie. They are the QUEENS of bargain shopping!!
4. I love my puppies!! My two Jack Russell/Rat Terriers, Jack & Harley, are "people" in our house. They each have their own voice that Ryan and I have created for them, and because of that, neither one of them can say their R's very well. We have tried at least three times to get them to stop sleeping in our bed, but they finally won. When we moved into this house, we didn't even move their dog beds in. Instead we bought a bigger King-sized bed for all of us to share. Actually, they don't share...Ryan and I get the 1/2 of the bed that they aren't sleeping on. People tell me that this will change when we have children, but I'd like for someone to tell Jack and Harley that!
5. I love making lists. I make lists of things I've already done just so I can check them off. My family makes lists to occupy time on long road trips. We'll get out a sheet of paper and just start listing cars, or hotel chains, or restaurants, or cities in Texas. My brother and I used to make lists of all of the professional sports teams, and we would categorize them into their appropriate division. I could still probably name all of the MLB, NFL, and NBA teams and their divisions off the top of my head...thanks to making all of those lists with Brad! We're nerds. Ryan has not bought into this family tradition as much as I had hoped.
(FYI: There is a book called The Book of Lists. I should've written that book!)
6. I have many Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors, but to name a couple: I type all the time...I type things that I see on a billboard, hear on TV, read in a magazine, think in my head...I type ALL THE TIME. I usually just type on my leg or the steering wheel or the table. I even backspace and fix it if I make a mistake because I'm too OCD to let it go! I also play the piano constantly. If I hear a song on the radio or in church, I try to figure it out and play it. A lot of times I make up my own part that would sound great if I was playing on a real piano instead of my leg! They're both just second nature, so I don't even notice it much. Sometimes I'll be holding Ryan's hand, and he will think I'm being sweet tickling his hand, but I assure him that I'm just typing or playing the piano! :-) Weird, I know.
7. I have cut DOWN to only 2 Diet Cokes per day. At one point in my life, this would have seemed impossible. If I had an IV of Diet Coke, I would be happy, but then again...I hate needles and pass out when I see them. (Does that fall under the OCD one before?) When I cut down to 2 Diet Cokes per day, I lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks. Amazing.
8. I am part of a Hardin-Simmons University cult that started in my family a long time ago. We seem to think it's the only place to find a spouse. I tried to be different and go to TCU instead of HSU, but after one semester I was sucked back in. My grandad went there and later taught there and met my grandmother there. My parents met there, and now my dad works there. Ryan and I met there. My brother & Kendall met there...and the list goes on 20 family members long. For a small Baptist school in West Texas, that 's a pretty long list, but I'm very proud to be on it.
OK, so there are my random things. I tag Robin, Andrea, Laura, Mav, and Brittney (although I think she's already been tagged) I know that's not 8, but it seems like everyone else has already been tagged, so if you haven't, consider yourself "it"!