Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New House...New Camera?

Well, I met Molly, Brittney & Quinn in Southlake today, and I was reprimanded for not having posted any pictures of what we've done on the house so far. My excuse was that I hadn't unpacked my camera charger until 2 days ago, and it was out of battery. So, I came home right away and started taking some pictures. I got through the guest bedroom, part of the master bedroom, and started on the master bathroom when CRASH...yep, I dropped my camera right on the lens on the bathroom tile and broke it. So, I managed to download these few pics before I threw my camera away. I'll go buy a cheap camera later and finish the "photo tour" of the house, but for now this will have to do. Oh, and the pictues I did get don't really do it justice. Oh well, here goes...

This is the guest room before:


We painted over the pink, and here it is now...









We also got rid of the lovely "periwinkle" in the master bedroom...



NOW...




You can see a glimpse of the aqua we painted in the master bath. That's the only shot I got before I broke the camera. :-(

So far we've laid wood laminate in 2 rooms, changed out all of the baseboards in the living areas, painted 5 rooms, installed a new fridge & dishwasher, and done lots of tedious "fixing" that needed to be done. Next step is putting in new lights in the entry, dining, and kitchen. After that, I'm afraid I'm going to be "cut off" before I can get new countertops. Until then it'll just have to be a work in progress. We really love being in a house again though, and it's great to be so close to everyone! Ryan hasn't gotten to enjoy it much because he's been out of town Monday thru Friday 3 weeks in a row. His new job is just about as crazy as the military was as far as travel goes. At least he's SAFER than in the Marine Corps days, so I can't really complain. OK, I'm off to justify buying a new camera!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

The house looks great! And wow, you were on the ball at getting things done! I'm impressed!

ThePoeFam said...

I love it! Y'all have done a great job!!! So homey...anyway, send me an email ... I lost your email address when I lost my school email! ... I had so much fun yesterday! LOVE YOU!

andydawn said...

The house looks great!! I love the colors you have chosen :) I can't wait to see more.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

OH Shoot! I can't believe your camera broke!!!!!!! Thanks for the few pictures! It looks awesome!
I can't wait to come see it!!!

Laura said...

Your house is lovely! You are so cute and on top of things! Teach me please!

Tiffani said...

I am impressed! The house looks so great & I love the colors. Can I just say that we have been trying to paint our entire house & we only have 1 tiny bathroom finished...you are my HERO! Now anytime I think I don't want to paint - I will look at your pictures to motivate me! Love it!

campers said...

OMG ! It is so cute! I love it! I can't wait to see it in person! I'll have to come soon!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

It looks so great! I'm so ashamed of myself b/c I've been in our new house for over a month now, and still nothing hangs on the walls. You go, girl!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

It looks so great! I'm so ashamed of myself b/c I've been in our new house for over a month now, and still nothing hangs on the walls. You go, girl!

Jessica and Matt said...

WOW. We've been in our house for almost 2 YEARS now, and I've only managed to paint one lame-o wall... I'm so impressed! I love the style and the colors you chose!! It really does look great!

Sharee Forman said...

Ahhh, your house looks SO GOOD!! You did a great job painting and decorating...I love it!