Sunday, April 02, 2006

Weekend Fun

This weekend was so nice and relaxing. I didn't have any real schedule, and everything that I did have planned was FUN. I love weekends like that! On Saturday, Robin & I went to a craft fair on base, which was supposed to be a really big deal. There were definitely a ton of vendors there, but unfortunately the items for sale were pretty sad. I really wanted to buy something but literally couldn't find anything worth spending money on. I was wishing the whole time that I had reserved a booth and made stuff to sell...I could've made some big money! We bailed on the craft fair and spent the rest of the afternoon having lunch and shopping, which is always fun.

Today, Robin & Jackie Rose came to church with me, so we went out to lunch at a great restaurant on the water in Swansboro called the Ice House. It's built on a dock, and it was such a beautiful day that we decided to eat outside. Jackie was so cute waving at the boats and telling us "Shhh...the fish are sleeping!" When I got home, I looked at my right arm and realized that I had gotten the most ridiculous looking sunburn from sitting out on the dock. Evidently the sun ONLY shone on about 6 inches of my right arm, so I look like I have the worst farmer's tan (or rather...sunburn) ever. It's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow, so I can either wear long sleeves and be hot, or wear short sleeves and look like an idiot!

I spent this evening having dinner with two great friends, Amanda & Jen. We took Jen out to Outback for her birthday, which was really 2 weeks ago, but she was out of town. Since their husbands are both deployed with Ryan, we have a lot in common these days. Not only do we share a love of margaritas (ha ha), but we also share the same emotional roller coaster called the Marine Wife Life. We're a pretty good support system for each other.

This week will be pretty low key until I fly to TEXAS on FRIDAY!!! I can't wait to be home and see family & friends. I'm definitely feeling the need for a break. Also, say a special prayer for Ryan & all of the Marines whenever you think about it. They need God's protection, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

6 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

I can't wait for you to be here...this week and, before we know it, FOR GOOD! I am so thankful for the friends that you've made in NC...but selfishly want you to be back here with us!!! Anyway, I'll call you soon...and check out my blog to see "JESUS!!!" HA!

campers said...

so glad you had a relaxing weekend! I can't wait for you to be in Texas! Didn't realize it was so quick! Have a good rest of the week!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Who knew Jesus was on Brittney's blog. hahaha.....
I'm glad you had a fun weekend! I did too! I'll update my blog sometime today. ;)Love you and!!! 44 days until NYC!!!!!

jen71 said...

Girl, you are the best blogger ever. I LOVE reading your posts. It is like reading something that Carrie Bradshaw would write. I almost peed my pants after reading true confessions and then almost cried after reading the first post when Ryan left. You are amazing and I am truly blessed to have you in my life. Thanks for an awesome belated birthday dinner and that fabulous gift. I love ya! Jen

the thorntons said...

Mom...my name is Thornton now. Sorry to burst your bubble.

crazymom said...

Jackie and I had a great time w/ you at church and the Ice House! Sorry for the farmers tan! I guess the sun was all on you that day! I will agree the the craft fair sucked! You would have made so much money if you had your own booth!!! But it was great having a girls day! I don't know what I will do when I move! You and Ryan have become my family.. part of my everyday life, more so than my blood family! Life is going to be a big adjustment not having you guys right next door. What a flight is going to be from VA To TX.. but man I cant wait to wear my new cow girl boots! love ya !